Wednesday, 2 October 2013

QE B Football VS Gateshead

The B Team travelled away this week to Gateshead, the lads raring for this game, it proved to be one to remember, an 18 goal thriller, worthy of first spot on Match Of The Day. 

We all arrived on the bus and with the aid of Hamish's speakers we were on our way, Nath bouncing some tunes from the back of the bus, thinking he was like Like Mike or something. We were are all raring for this game, even though we were late we still arrived to the right place with out getting lost, think that was thanks to the fact the bus driver was a Geordie, always a help. When we arrived late, we didn't have an apparent changing room, we were offered a class room, but after a reckie from a member of staff, we were issued a changing room, in there we quickly put on our kit, and got out there, with not really enough time to warm up Skipper Kane told us to "Stretch out". The game got under way, and from then in it was goals galore, there was brilliant play on display, the ball was pinged about from side to side, this was mostly by them, their number 8 was in the middle of everything, pulling strings as if he was Jack Wilshere. Goals were flying in from everyone, many good solo efforts from them, their two pacey wingers causing problems. But can I just take a minute out to mention how I, now top scorer, hit a 25 yard screamer, after a brilliant interception I picked it up and fizzed it in to the bottom corner, wheeling away with my trademark one arm in the arm celebration celebrated to my adoring fans who lined up on the side line to congratulate me, shock.  I mean, I can score, in the box, outside the box, left, right, you name it! But anyway, both teams battled well, most of all Ross, putting some hefty tackles in thinking he was Kolo Toure or someone, also Kane running after their number 8 who had him inside out, so Kane switched his tactics and decided to play this kind of, Gattuso/Roy Keane role, neither really worked if I'm honest and Kane just ended up wiring him. When Dave brought us in he gave some heated words and we went back on, the game went on and we pressed with Mackis making some crazy runs as per, and Ross trying to play general in his new role as centre mid, they just edged out in front, with some brilliant finishes and well worked goals, and a pretty entertaining game came to and end!

I think I forgot to tell you by the way, when I said 18 goal thriller, I actually meant we got beat 17-1 or did I miss that bit out? my bad! so yeah we got absolutely thrashed, but if you played football everyday for a 5 days I think you would expect to be winning, I mean we care more about academic than sport ey boys, we will see them when we are all lawyers and accountants! 

so yeah, that rounds that up, my man of the match goes to Ian Atherton, his bravery in the first half and determination was brilliant, not to mention his crazy little run.

Squad :
B.Edkins
J.McAleer
R.Mcguigan 
J.Fullerton
I.Atherton (MOM)
K.Bourne (C)
A.Davidson
N.Hurley
A.Brown
M.Vakhos
J.Fenny

Subs:
K.Kirtley
H.Cambell
R.Elliot
D.Birks
C.Aither 

No comments:

Post a Comment