Well lads personally I can say that was a very promising performance. It was a very overcast day at Abbey Road although the air was very humid as I found out having to strip down to take my thermal off within 5 minutes. Before the game the pre match songs were top class, ranging from your Celine Dion to Cascada, all hyping the lads up for the opening game. From the outset we did match them and in the first half only 2 self inflicted mistakes let us down. Our midfield looked pretty strong and Wayne and able were winning a lot of tackles, if only Wayne didn't smoke he could of had the energy to win tackles all over the pitch. We looked sharp going forward and westy was unlucky hitting the post on the end of a brilliant move which I must say I instigated by getting out of a very difficult corner with a ridiculous amount of ease. We also had a goal ruled out for offside which if I didn't have over sized feet would of probably stood as I think my big toe was just a little bit off so I apologise for that. Second half we did drop off slightly yet still defended solidly with our 2 centre halves looking like they'd played together years so well done Sam and Adam as that was a pleasure to see. I could not go through this report without a special mention for the little lad between the sticks who was brilliant, some of the saves Jake made would of made a young Buffon proud so for that he just edges westy to my Man of the Match. Also Hal gets the customary cock-up of the week by turning up at 10 past 2 thinking that's what time he needed to be there. Whoever gets the most cock ups of the week has to get their legs waxed at the end of the season so make sure you aren't on the receiving end of being the 'cock-up of the week'. Next week Stockton so very winnable game, remember there's a good chance it's 3G so could be mouldies. Text me your number if you haven't already(07527645564) and see you all next week.
Little footnote;
If anyone picked up a black thermal on the side of the pitch could you return it to me as I forgot to pick it up. Thanks lads
No comments:
Post a Comment